So you’re a kid who loves soccer! You live and breathe soccer and you even begged your parents to order those direct tv packages with all the nonstop soccer action. You love soccer more than life itself and you can’t wait to tryout tomorrow morning but you’re a little worried. If this sounds like you then you have nothing to worry about, we all suffer from a little performance anxiety but we can help with a few easy steps.
1. Get a good night’s sleep – never underestimate the power of 8 hours of solid sleep.
2. Be on time – there is nothing worse than feeling like you have to scramble to be on time and that can only distract your performance in the long run.
3. Dress for success – tie back that long hair and make sure your gear is in order, show them that you take this seriously.
4. Eat right – balance out your breakfast but don’t overindulge.
5. Hit the head – always make sure you use the bathroom no matter what it comes to – tryouts, interviews, assemblies, whatever.
6. Follow instructions – do what the evaluators tell you and focus on the task. Don’t try to dazzle or show off, they are looking for team players, not hot dogs.
Following these steps can only better your chances at being accepted onto a team.